Monday, May 2, 2011

IELTS Band Formula

You will be given a mark between 0 and 9 for each of the 4 Sub-tests (there are no half marks in the Writing and Speaking Sub-tests). Your Overall Band Score is an average of the 4 Sub-test Band Scores, with fractional scores rounding up or down to the nearest x.0 or x.5 score (with x.25 and x.75 rounding up.)

Therefore, if you score

in the Listening Sub-test


in the Reading Sub-test


in the Writing Sub-test


in the Speaking Sub-test


Your total score is

By averaging the scores (dividing the total score 24.5 by 4) in the example above, you would achieve an overall Band Score of 6.0 (which is 6.125 rounded down).

the raw score.The overall score is the average of all 4 sections. If the average score is in
decimals, then it is rounded to the nearest half decimal. As an exclusion ,For writing section the half band is not applicable. It is illustrated as an example.

For example ,
In reading section ,if the candidate got 30 correct answers out of 40 questions, then his score in
Reading section is 7.

If a candidate got the following score in the 4 sections

Raw score achieved by the candidate in each section
Overall IELTS Score
33 out of 40
(7.5+7+6+8)/ 4

Rounded off  nearest half decimal
The final Score is
29 out of 40
23 out of 40
36 out of 40

What is Half Band?

The IELTS Score with Half decimal (0.5) is known as Half band score. Eg. 7.5 .
The IELTS Score without decimal is known as Full band Score. Listening,Reading &
Speaking is recorded in full band and Half band score .Writing is recorded only in full band

People who read this post also read :


Franklin said...

Well explained.

However, test takers should be reminded that they should not aim for a great overall band score only but for a balanced sub-tests scores. There are institutions that require at least a minimum of 6 in all modules, this must be the aim of every test takers for what is there to celebrate getting band 6 when one of the sub-tests has only 5.

Wish all IELTS test takers the best.

Anonymous said...

With that experience, you have a better chance in landing a permanent job in a bigger hospital.
The precise assortment of hrs might be distinctive basically by
neighborhood laws and regulations and the studying institution.
A respiratory therapist has one of the most versatile positions within
the health sector.
my site > description of depression era

nancy john said...

Good post about ielts it is very useful for students


Julia Robert said...

Thanks for sharing this nice post. If you want to get admission in a good foreign college or university then you need to get 7 bands in IELTS or more than 7 it is important to work hard on each section of IELTS exam.

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don't know whο уοu aге but dеfinitely you are goіng to а famοuѕ blogger if yοu arе nоt alгeady ;) Сheers!

Ѕtop by mу web-site :: hublot pour porte de garage sectionnelle

Anonymous said...

Hey! I know thіs is kindа οff topic however
I'd figured I'd аsk. Woulԁ yοu be interеѕted in tгаding
lіnks οr maybe guest wгiting
а blog аrticle or vice-versa? Μy blog aԁdresses a lot
of the samе topics аs уοurs аnd Ӏ beliеve we could greatly benefit from each other.
If yоu aгe interested feel fгee to shοot
me an е-mail. I loοk forward to hеaring from уou!
Eхсеllent blοg bу thе wаy!

my ωeb blοg christophe chavigny

Anonymous said...

Наvе you еνег thοught about
including a lіttle bit more thаn ϳuѕt your articles?
I mеan, whаt you say is fundаmental and аll.
Νevertheless imagine if you adԁed some greаt viѕualѕ oг viԁeo clipѕ to
gіve youг pоsts mοге,
"pop"! Your content is eхсellent but with picѕ аnd vidеo
clips, this blog cοuld definіtely be onе of the
very best in itѕ field. Verу good blog!

mу ρаge

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!

Have a look at my blog ... devenir riche

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
Plz answer back as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. cheers

Look at my blog post - lame de terrasse pas chere

Anonymous said...

Superb blog you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any message boards that cover the
same topics talked about in this article? I'd really love to be a part of community where I can get opinions from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!

Here is my weblog ... entrebailleur fenetre pvc

Anonymous said...

Hello, this weekend is nice in favor of me, for the reason that this
moment i am reading this impressive informative paragraph here at my

Also visit my web-site volet roulant sur mesure

Anonymous said...

What's up to every , for the reason that I am truly keen of reading this website's
post to be updated on a regular basis. It carries nice stuff.

my blog location housse de chaise

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!